Perfect for your holiday gatherings, this delicious appetizer is a preview of the sweet and savory delights to come!
3 Tablespoons Salted Butter
12-18 Baby Portabella Mushrooms, washed and stems removed
1 Clove Garlic, minced
3 Shallots, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Cranberry Sauce or Dried Cranberries
2-3 ounces Brie, rind removed, cut into small cubes
¼ Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
PREPARATION & COOKING
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saute pan. Add the mushroom caps to the butter and cook for 1 minute on each side, over medium heat.
3. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and place in a pie plate or small baking dish, stem side up.
4. Melt the the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the shallots to the pan. Cook until they start to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for one minute more. Sprinkle in the poultry seasoning.
5. Spoon the garlic and shallots into the mushroom caps. Add a half teaspoon of
cranberry sauce to each of the caps as well. Finally, place one cube of brie in each cap.
6. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until brie is bubbly and the mushrooms are cooked through
Remove from oven and serve warm.