This flavorful treat works well as a stand-alone appetizer or part of your Tapas spread.
2 Tablespoons Paprika-Infused Olive Oil
(or regular olive oil with a dash of paprika)
1 Tablespoon Butter
8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon dried Mediterranean Oregano
2 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
1 Baguette, sliced thickly
Manchego cheese, sliced thinly
PREPARATION & COOKING
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Add oil and butter to a large saute pan, melting the butter over medium heat.
3. Add mushrooms, garlic, oregano, and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Add sherry. Reduce heat and cook until liquid has
reduced. Using a slotted spoon transfer mushrooms to a small bowl. Set aside.
5. Lightly dip baguette slices into mushroom liquid. Transfer to a baking sheet
and cook until golden and toasted.
6. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture on each baguette slice. Top
with a slice of manchego. Return to oven and heat just until cheese has melted,