A Pennsylvania Farm Show favorite made simply delicious–perfect for cool weather, this soup is easy to adapt with your favorite mushrooms and herbs!
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• 1 cup Chopped Onion
• 2 cloves Minced Garlic
• 16 oz fresh crimini mushrooms, sliced
• 4 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
• 6 Tablespoons Flour
• 32 oz chicken or vegetable broth
• ¼ tsp Thyme
• 1 cup Half-and-Half cream
• Salt, Pepper, and fresh parsley to taste
Preparation and Cooking
1. Melt butter in stockpot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and onions, and saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute another 7-10 minutes, until half the liquid evaporates.
4. Heat chicken broth and whisk in flour until well blended, then pour into pot with mushroom mixture.
5. Add Thyme. Bring to a slow boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6. Reduce heat. Add cream, parsley, and salt/pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.